Thursday, April 16, 2009

Yoga Shmoga Nemnoga

I recently ran into a friend of mine who I used to take yoga classes with in High School, and I had just started going to the gym (yet again) and decided to take a yoga class before a workout to stretch. Well turns out the class itself was a workout and two days later I am still sore from some of the poses, but its a good sore, my body feels awake.

Perhaps theres a reason why Yoga makes people feel good..besides the obvious stretching of muscles...turns out its also therapuetic.

About.com says that some of the benefits of yoga are:
  • reduced stress
  • sound sleep
  • reduced cortisol levels
  • improvement of many medical conditions
  • allergy and asthma symptom relief
  • lower blood pressure
  • smoking cessation help
  • lower heart rate
  • spiritual growth
  • sense of well-being
  • reduced anxiety and muscle tension
  • increased strength and flexibility
  • slowed aging process
I will take slowed aging process, sound sleep and reduced anxiety any day!

Yoga at 12:30 it is!



No comments:

Post a Comment